RE: [Chrysler300] no title...what to do
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [Chrysler300] no title...what to do

Ny started titles  for the 1973 model year

Get Outlook for iOS

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 11:23 AM -0400, "John Kuegel jwkco@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:


It's easy in New York State for a car made before 1975(before titles were issued)...and may be as well in other states. All you used to need was a handwritten bill of sale, a rubbing or photo of the VIN plate, a weight verification(if the vehicle model was not in the DMV database- like a truck which you would take and get weighed at a scale)  and some forms filled out. They will then issue a non-transferable registration immediately after you pay the sales tax (the most important thing that they are interested in!)and send you a transferable registration(which functions as a Title) in 30-60 days when the transfer of ownership and research of prior ownership is complete (lien search, etc.).

Good luck,
John Kuegel, 300F 


You should be able to have your DOMV do a lost title search.

The guy you bought the car from should foot the bill, if any, for this unless you bought the car s salvage, in which case the original

title is probably history. There are probably rules and regs about selling a vehicle w/o proper title.

I know, here in Iowa at least, you need the title in order to deliver a car to a crusher or junk yard.

Good uck!

You are probably gonna need it, depending which state you are in.

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of antonino.jelitro@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1:03 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] no title...what to do

Hello Group
I purchased a 67 New Yorker fasttop in very nice condition, but there is no title or registration. Car had always been in the hand of a car dealer, so it was used on dealer plates. Or so is what I have been told.The seller will write me a notarized bill of sale. How can I get a title? I know it's a PITA....but really like the car and would go to the extra effort to get plates for the car. Thank you

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Posted by: DR CHALLENGER <drchallenger@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To send a message to this group, send an email to:

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or
go to

For list server instructions, go to

For archives go to


Home Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network Archive Sitemap