RE: [Chrysler300] Leno's Garage 300G video

RE: [Chrysler300] Leno's Garage 300G video

>From MOTOR TREND

Many muscle car fans know that the power rating of many classic muscle car
engines were deliberately underrated. It was usually done for two reasons...
1) to lower insurance costs and 2) so the car could be in a more favorable
class in NHRA drag racing.
Here is a chart from a muscle car magazine from the 1980s. Written by Roger
Huntington, who wrote articles and road tests for many car mags, including
Motor Trend.

Here is the chart from the magazine:

Make/---------------Adv.------           Adv.------      Actual
Engine size---------HP--------           Torque----      HP