Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300 G Rear Main Seal

Hi Val & all,

Of course there is a modern replacement for the rear seal with retainers and rubber seal replacing the rope.

I experienced rear main seal leaking despite the new setup.

When I switched from 10W-30 to:
Brad Penn Motor Oil, Grade 1, Semi-synthetic, 10W40, ZDDP Enhanced the leaking stopped.

The thicker weight oil is available from summit racing.

Presume it may help with Val's existing rope seal leak?

Certainly if it did, it would save a lot of money and effort either doing the seal replacement with the engine in or out.

Just saying! Don't have much to lose in trying.

This thicker weight oil works in all seasons except cold winters. Most of us put our beasts (brutes) in hibernation during the cold months anyway.

Tony

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone