From: "EMills_ATC millserat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 2HsandaHeritage@xxxxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300 <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2016 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 235/75R/15 Tires

Specs came from manufacturer site - unfortunately Michelin no longer provides a table of such info - but you can frequently find such info at Tire Rack as well as tests and reviews.
Agree Michelin usually best option - wear, etc - though I had a major problem with a set of Michelins aging out early a while back - I think they were Hydroedge - rated at 70k miles but tires showed horrible age cracking at about 4 years from date of manufacture - still plenty of tread, but I did not trust them.
Only current Michelin in 235/75R15 is Defender LTX MS - which should be a fine tire but expensive and blackwall only. Tire Rack specs - 28.8 in OD, 9.3 Section width, 7.4 Tread width on 6.5 inch wheel. (Note much wider tread may produce some clearance issues?) And I expect any alteration such as vulcanizing a whitewall would void manufacturer's warranty.
I have Michelins on all cars driven full time except new RAM 2500 with size Michelin does not yet make. But for Antique cars that are not driven much, I like the Hankooks - I will never wear them out and relatively inexpensive - can buy 2 for what you would pay for 1 Michelin not counting cost of Diamond back whitewall and no warranty issues. Current cost Hankook H724 P235/75R15 Narrow White on Amazon $73 ea with free Prime shipping or $312 for set of 4 from Discount Tire on eBay with Free shipping)
I have never run the Cooper Trendsetters, but their CS4, CS5 and light truck tires seem OK. I have heard of issues with Cokers and American Classics having balance / roundness issues, but I always figured they were made with older equipment / technology in small batches unlike the Hankooks which are regular production in modern factories.
Edward Mills Antique Tractors 1930-1960 Antique Cars 1960-1985