Re: [Chrysler300] 235/75R/15 Tires

I believe Cooper still has 3 US plants, Findlay OH, Tupelo, MS, and Texarkana, AR, but I believe they also source some of their tires from China, India, and England - you have to look at first 2 characters of DOT code to see where made.

I don't know if India is still in the picture, but at one time there was a proposed merger or acquisition of/by the company they were affiliated with in India that fell thru. England is combined with Avon and China with Kenda.

Problem is availability of sizes for older cars. 14's rare as hens teeth, 15's going that way. 16 inch is kind of minimum in current OE use with 17, 18, 19, 20 more and more. And whitewalls even harder to find.

Older P225/75R14 Trendsetters I have were made in AR, but they were discontinued about 10 years back. Cooper internet site shows Trendsetter SE still made in P235/75R15 in narrow white but the Trendsetter is a low end tire (low priced tight margin) and I had heard these had been off shored to Chinese factory due to cost of manufacture - but if they are low production they may still be run in batches here like the old big 14's before they were discontinued.

Don't have any newer P235/75R15 to check, can anyone provide DOT code on recent Coopers? First 2 characters after DOT is plant code: U9 is Tupelo, MS; UP is Findlay OH; UT is Texarkana, AR; etc.

Edward Mills Antique Tractors 1930-1960 Antique Cars 1960-1985