From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Grady jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 7:25 AM
To: RICK AND DEBBIE CLAPHAM
Cc: dverity@xxxxxxxxxxx; Ray Melton; William Huff; Dan Akol; Joe Williams; Rich Barber; Chrysler 300 List
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Torky fluid preference???

Just a comment.. I have found many things in hot rod 100% in error. That guy Marlon or Marlan has no idea what he spouts about !! and the editors  do not know enough about cars to catch his motor mouthing.  Favorite words "old school" every other page. My take is it is now like those stupid tv shows. Tee shirt experts. The loud muffler type.
Look at say 62 Hot rod. Full of real tech stuff. Not "stories".  Accurate .

Marlon got off on a big thing in hot rod writing about 6-71 blowers , describing how the exhaust flows through ( does not even know how a diesel truck motor works) -- exhaust never enters 6-71 , only air .  I find many bad electrical falsehoods. Bottom line ignore hot rod. C- guys writing there.

On this , fluids , all these work . Synthetics have advantages and 40 years of know how in additives. , kind of a trade off vs "known to work right , " old stuff . And I defer to Don too , although I am known to use newest atf 6  ( covers a year ago) I believe a filter in return line is FAR more important than  which fluid -- will trap stuff ---like the 62 727 had .And  A and  A deep finned

Pan on 727 . Only possible reason that filter was dropped was cost of it . I can see engineers  in room arguing with $  now. All hydraulic system have good filters . Available in aftermarket . To each his own ..
Sent from my iPhone