[Chrysler300] 300-related happenings -

A few 300 summer happenings -

  1. Next week brings many of you to Chryslers at Carlisle - East Coasters thru Eastern Midwesterners. It's on my must-do list, but not this year.
  2. Also next week, for us Central Midwesterners, is the huge show in Iola, WI, July 12-14.  If you come to Iola, stop by Bob Brown's and George Collar's Mopar tent at Gate 5. Many of us Club members will be there, and we'll have 15-20 great '57-'61 Mopars, plus a few others - 300s, Adventurers, and more. I'll be there Thursday and Friday. Stop in and say hello!.
  3. A reminder to email me that you'll be attending our August 4th Saturday afternoon Burgers with Burt Bouwkamp at Keith and Judy Boonstra's home in Holland, MI, 11:30 am-4:00 pm or so. Burt is our direct connection to those wide-open-throttle days of the '50s and early '60s, running our Letter Cars on the sands of Daytona, working with Bob Rodger, and many other internal Mopar happenings . Listening to Burt's firsthand stories, asking him your questions, joining in on the conversation with him, I guarantee will be a memorable afternoon that you'll never forget!
  4. Registration forms have started coming in for what looks to be a great Fall Meet in Newport, Rhode Island, Sept 9-13, hosted by Michael Falcone. Our Club's judges are lined up and ready to perform Concours judging for a limited number of Letter Cars. See the Registration Form on our Club website, under 'Events,' for details.
  5. August 26th, Sunday, is the 2018 Geneva, IL Concours classic car show, featuring Letter Cars. We have commitments for all year Letter Cars - 1955-1965, plus '70 Hurst - convertibles and coupes for each year both were produced - almost. We're awaiting confirmation that a 300-L coupe will be appearing, and I'm still trying to convince Spanky Cox to show his survivor 300-H coupe. We have Platinum, Tango Red and Black 300s, representing '55.

Hope to hear from you and see you soon!

Noel

Noel Hastalis

Burr Ridge, IL