From: 'my65cuda' via Chrysler 300 Club International [mailto:chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 9:55 AM
To: royjrdaniel
Cc: Jerry Lindsay; jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; saforwardlook@xxxxxxxxx; rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx; Michael James; Chrysler list server
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} Check this out! McCandless —Fuel Injected! Vin 0001?

I have no problem with being giving me lip, it happens. The 300 club has a love hate relationship with my family, I get that. I watched for years as people from the 300 club gave my father endless negative feedback over putting a 5.7 hemi in his 300G. A 300G that is approaching 80k miles that he has driven the past decade with that combo. Another 300G was rescued with the motor from that car, so no “g”’s were lost in this experiment. Then I came along, gathering up letter cars that I loved. This made it difficult for some members. They love the originality of these cars, but hate what my father did to his. There is no way to collect and preserve in this hobby and make everyone happy. I’m totally fine with that. The only thing I’ll fight back on, is when my words are taken out of context, which is what started my response to this thread.

We are all here because we love these cars, some of us just love them in different ways and that’s ok. It’s ok for all of us to disagree how the others go about it. No harm no foul to me. I happen to love these cars and the history behind them. I’m fortunate to be a situation to help preserve that history for others down the road. I’m sure trying to go all original won’t work, but if there is a chance in trying, I should. Most who have tried to make these units work, were short on pieces. That isn’t the case here. I’m happy to fail, it has never bothered me. I’ll be open about it and make adjustments as needed. Not trying to mis-represent the car. I’ve spent a lot of money and time trying to get the history of 55 vin 1 correct as well as 57 vin 1. Just trying to do what I can so future generations get to enjoy these things

Mike

---