Re: {Chrysler 300} Fw: 1957 Chrysler Ghia Super Dart 400

Re: {Chrysler 300} Fw: 1957 Chrysler Ghia Super Dart 400

About this car and the Kanters….

A quick story….15 years ago - or so - the AACA Museum was holding a special exhibit on the “rise and fall of the tail fin”.

It was a fabulous exhibit and - at the time - they asked for my 57 Imperial. I was driving my Imperial to the museum when one of the Kanters flew past me in this very car…..it was like a yellow blur. I new it was a Ghia created dream car and I couldn’t believe it was on regular highway with all of the other commuters….I nearly clipped off a utility pole, I was in shock.

When I arrived at the museum it was pulled under the portico with the (then) curator- Jeff Bliemeister- looking at it. I remember him calling over to me a”Hank! Look what the Kanter brothers have loaned us for the exhibit.” Can you believe they drove it here?”

I can remember that to this day. What an incredible car, and moment in time. I wouldn’t believe it if I hadn’t been there myself.

Hank

Sent from my iPad