Re: {Chrysler 300} Paint Codes

Enamel

Bob Haag

On Jul 6, 2023, at 11:07 AM, 'James Douglas' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The 1964 300K is going to the body shop tomorrow for new paint. The build card shows a paint code of “RR!” while the tag shows a paint code of “RR”.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the paint codes of  “RR” and “RR1” ?

What does the “1” stand for if anything?

What I am trying to figure out is did they use Acrylic Lacquer or something else in 1964 so we know how to deal with the factory paint prep for the respray.

Thanks, James

---

---