RE: {Chrysler 300} Original Ram Engine Block Cracked :( What to do?

RE: {Chrysler 300} Original Ram Engine Block Cracked :( What to do?

Mike,

This will not be a popular choice…but…

I would document all the block casting numbers, that is different from the stamped numbers. Then find a 413 from another 1964 Chrysler that has the same matching casting numbers. Mill the stamped boss and re-stamp it with the same stamp on the existing block. (This assumes the block is checked and good).

I do not personally like the 440 in the 300K I had in the 1980’s and 1990’s. The larger pistons made the engine feel more sluggish on the lower-middle end. The lighter pistons on the 413 I “feel” allow the engine to rev a little more freely stop light to stop light. The 440 has more total HP potential, but my experience is the 413 just feels better.

Also, the serious block crack guys and do wonders. But the cost of that may well exceed my idea above by a lot.

James