Re: Kelsey Hayes setup found and more !

Graduate in less than 13 months with AIU?s Online virtual
campus. Classrooms and student service as close as your
computer. Highly accredited, study anytime ? anywhere.
caab6anb7yoMza/ AIU

Neal,

I found a complete setup for my dart last fall.  Maybe sometime this
summer I will have the time to rebuild/install them.

As long as the Kelsey Hayes brakesystems are rebuilt correctly, they stop
a car pretty well.  One person told me the stop you better than the
single piston setup, but I've heard just the opposite too.  I've heard
some people had problems with one of the 4 pistons on them locking up.  I
think that means they arent put together correctly, or the calipers need
to be rebuilt or replaced, if they continue to stick.  With 4, I think it
increases the odds that eventually one might stick.

If someone is keeping 5 on 4 bolt pattern, I think these are essential.
Yes, the 10" drums will stop you just as fast, but with the disc setup,
you have to worry about brake fade a lot less.  Mountain driving with an
automatic...  Doesnt sound like fun with drums.

--Tom
On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 09:22:23 -0800, "Robert neal zimmerman"
<northwestweirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>  Well , while I am doing it, I also found in addition to that 64 Dodge
>  440, and the aforementioned 64 Newport, I also found a 65  Dart GT( I
>  believe, its either 64, 65 or 66). It has what I believe would be a"
>  difficult to find"  setup of the stock Kelsey Hayes front discs. I have
>  heard these werent the best setups , but if someone was doing a faithful
>  restoration of their Dart, Cuda or Valiant that came with these  , these
>  would be the setup. So I will fetch them at cost too.
>   And if you need 64 Newport parts this car is almost totally there (
>   sorry guys I'm grabbing the pushbutton big block tranny).
>    And that big beautiful 64 Dodge 880 Custom two door is still sitting
>    there that I mentioned a week ago. That one has a pushbutton tranny.
>    So there u have it , those are this weeks salvage yard finds,
>      1964 Dodge 440 four door
>       1965 Dodge Dart GT
>        1964 Chrysler Newport
>         1964 Dodge 880 Custom
>
>  parts available to list members at zero profit to me, just pay me
>  shipping and what I pay the yard, ( I love to haunt junkyards, it makes
>  me feel creepy and i love to feel creepy). As mentioned yesterday, this
>  is for list members that actually need the parts for their projects, not
>  to turn around and "E-bay" or" swap meet" them. I'm a commie at heart,
>  not much of a capitalist.
>    Neal Zimmerman , Eugene oregon
Tom
65 Dart GT 'vert
68 Plymouth 'vert
Longmont, CO

                          unladen european swallow

MORTGAGE / REFINANCE RATES ARE LOW. ACT NOW!
3 Mortgage brokers compete for your business.
Great rates, no obligation, and easy form.
caab6aab7yoMzf/ Insurance4usa.com

----

b7yoMz.