Re: 8.75 A Body Housing Needed Bad

[AD removed for archives]
Are you serious about buying a NEW car or truck soon?
Research before stepping on the car lot and save THOUSANDS!
Get NO OBLIGATION price quotes from car dealers in your area.
caacOlPb7yoMza/LeadClick

On 47 11/08/04, Earl Helm wrote:
> That was going to be my next option. How much did Moser charge you to
> shorten the axle? I am
> sure you most likely put billet ends and all that stuff on it?

also check local racing chassis fabrication shops.   I live in rural
Georgia, and there are two guys within a 1/2 hour drive that have
the correct jigs and expertise to narrow an 8-3/4".   One guy charges
$75.00 to narrow it.

You also have to move the spring perches.  One special note on the
spring perches:  although the A-body  and B-body springs are all
the same width (not length, mind you) and the spring perches look
to be the same between A's and B's,  that is not the case!  the
a-body perch has a smaller spring centering pin hole than the B's,
and the E's.   Thats the easy way to I.D. a factory 8-3/4" bare
housing at a swap meet is to know how far your little pinky finger
with slip in to an A's spring centering pin hole and that of a
larger B's...  All this really means is if you use factory A-body
springs with a narrowed housing w/ new MP perches (or recycled
B-body perches),  you should be aware of the slop as place the
rearend...

Doug Ahern

[AD removed for archives]
Amazing Diet Patch