Re: Shocks - KYB problem

[AD removed for archives]
Help us support US Troops ? Just Register Here.
caadlVxbOyW3Na/Permission Data

On 18 04/04/05, Schuyler Wrobel wrote:
> I checked the part #'s and it turned out they were trying to put A body
> shocks on my 62 B body Dodge Dart wagon. It seems no matter how
> hard I try to explain how the 62's are the bigger body Dart, my effort
> falls
> on deaf ears. no surprise there eh... (o:

Actually front shocks for A/B/E-bodies (60-76 A's, 62-72 B's, and
70-74 E's) all share the same dimensions.  Monroe & Gabriel,  which
have been OE replacement shock manufacturers from the git-go, share
the same pn# & shock between all A/B/E-bodies.  rear shocks are
different, mostly due to their compressed and extended lengths.

I've had KYB's, various Monroe shocks, and various Gabriel's.  all
gave very good rides on the street.  the KYB's  are stiffer, no doubt.
Monroe & Gabriel's are about $17ea,  KYBs are $35ea, Mopar Performance
are just under $40ea. (which I bet are manufactured by either
Monroe or Gabriel), and the Edelbrock's are $70ea.  For me, budget
dictates which options are truly options.   I liked the KYBs but
I've been happy with Monroe's & Gabriel's as well... I haven't had the
cash to try the Edelbrock's yet...

Doug Ahern
Athens, GA

[AD removed for archives]
Get both the PlayStation2 and Game Cube for Free! Click here to
find out how.
caadlVCbOyW3Nf/Consumer Research

----

bOyW3N.