Re: junkyard elec. distributor?

[AD removed for archives]
Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
caadlVAbOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

On 48 04/12/05, Robert neal zimmerman wrote:
> So one thing I know I want to do on my little 273 for a bit better
> reliability and mpg is an electronic ignition setup.

I don't know if elec. ign. is going to buy you either one of those.

>    Do i need to order a Mopar performance kit or can I find what I need
>    at a junkyard.I would really like a junkyard find, and remember this
>    is a street car, not looking to win any races so i dont need the
>    cutting edge.
>      Theres  318s all over the place here from all sorts of years. What
>      should I look for? Years, advances, etc.

1973-1975 was pre lean burn,  1977 was full swing lean-burn, I don't
know about 1976 models.  the lean burn distributors were missing vacuum
advance and had a fixed pickup plate...  the lean burn idea continued
through the 80's in M-bodies...  I don't know if they called in L.B.
or not, but it was the same idea.  some 80s L.B. dist's had dual
pickups.   BTW: stay away from the lean burn dist's.

you might save yourself some time and a get a reman. 73-75 dist from
Autozone, Pepboys, etc for $20-30.

>   How can I tell if a distributor is worn out before I buy it at the
>   yard?

shaft end play, worn bushing...

[AD removed for archives]
Investigate just about anyone and anything with Web Detective!
caadlCmbOyW3Nf/Web Detective

----

bOyW3N.