Re: Max Wedge aluminum rocker arms

[AD removed for archives]
Get $1,000 to spend on groceries? any way you please. Click here!
caadHlsbOyW3Na/GrocerySpree

I've heard of similar problems with those rockers.

Jimmy

Brian Schlump wrote:

Is anyone else using Crane aluminum roller rocker arms on their 426 Max Wedge or clone engine? I'm using the gold colored ones part #64792-1 and I've had problems with 2 sets. Exactly 1 year ago this weekend I was coming home from a car show and one lifter started making noise. I tore down the engine and found that intake rocker #5 had shifted toward the exhaust rocker, and the aluminum portion was opening the valve rather than the roller. The valve stem wore right into the aluminum. I discovered that I messed up the assembly sequence, so I wrote it off as a learning experience and ordered a new set. I assembled that set correctly, and figured that was the end of the problem. Wrong! Last night when I left a cruise-in, the valves started making noise and the engine was missing while driving home. I just tore it down again and this time both #1 and #3 intake rockers had shifted toward the exhaust rockers. In addition the snap ring came out of #3 hydraulic lifter, but I was able to find all 3 broken pieces. The engine hasn't been raced or driven over 70 mph either time, so I don't know why the rockers jumped out of place this time. It has less than 2,000 miles on it since the repair last year. I took the intake rockers from the last assembly I changed and made 1 good set from the two. I also added 4 more round shims to the spacer spring between all 4 cylinders of that head in order to put more tension on the rockers. Has anyone else had similar problems with these rockers?
Brian

'64 Belvedere
Woodstock, IL.

"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."

[AD removed for archives] ------------------------------------------------------------------- Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy! No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax! Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour! caadHk7bOyW3Nf/911PaydayAdvance -------------------------------------------------------------------

----

bOyW3N.