Testing wiper motor?

I'm trying to test a wiper motor for a 65 Belvedere, but I suspect I'm
doing something wrong.  The motor has two 'T' connectors with two wire
each; one has black and blue, the other yellow and orange.  I grounded
black, and tried putting 12 volts on each of the the others.  The
yellow and orange had no reaction at all.  The blue gave me sparks,
but no motor reaction.  Am I doing something wrong, or is the motor
beat?  Do I need to ground the motor itself?
Thanks.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge), '65 Belvedere I (Street Wedge), '71 Bronco