Re: NO2 Issue

[AD removed for archives]
Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
caad3P2bOyW3Na/Nationwide Survey

Group: How much nitrous will a stock 1963 413 engine handle safely? A local
"expert" says 125-150 hp. Did any of our vintage motors have forged pistons
from the factory-other than max wedge and hemis?
Thanks, Rich

hi all     i had a 100hp plate system on a a  near stock chevy bellybutton
motor(had a 440 but no car to put it in years) with more than 85 k on it the
only thing i did to it was put a
MSD ignition (needs a little more fire to light it off) , adjustable vac
advance and a hi presure oil pump(figured the higher preasure would keep the
bearings off the crank under full load ) and the thing ran fine (motor still
runs but tore all the back body mounts of the car out ).yes the power of
these systems is additive but when the bottle is empty the funs over till
the next re fill so learn to use it sparingly .plus if you ever sell the car
you can easly  take   the setup out the car and install it in the next one
unlike blowers and  turbos .just follow the manufactures instructions and
avoid swap meet cobled togther systems (freind did this and put the wrong
jets in and sneased two pistons in the oil pan. other brand bellybuton
motor)also nitrious dosent only put HP it also creates a tremounds amount of
tourque so make sure the rest of your drive train is up to par if thers a
weak link you will quickly find it(voice of experience blew the rear end and
trans in one shot)i plan to put a plate system on my coronet in the future
but waiting till i get new springs in the rear (my weak link )>burnouts with
nitrous are also to be avoided.)as for the idea that its cheating  i use to
think that to till i wanted to go faster with out spending a ton of money .
i think the 350 with juice would have hold is own against a stock 440 but
the 350 dosent compare to my 440 with six pac                  tj

[AD removed for archives]
New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3
Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
caad3PYbOyW3Nf/Superb Rewards

----

bOyW3N.