RE: Did we get snow? Oh yeah!!!!!

Jim,

I understand where you are coming from, too often we are the victim of
people with their self interests in mind or social engineers who think
they know what is best for all of us.  However this is my take on the
subject.

There is nothing that hurts more when it comes to our cars as hearing
about another yard that has been crushed or the misguided  laws that
politicians try to make to get our cars off of the road.

However please try to look at global warming with an open mind.  We can
keep our cars and drive them when we want, typically they are not our
daily drivers.  Even if you don?t believe in Global Warming look at the
rate we are using the natural resources of the planet, resources that we
are taking from future generations.  If we all conserve in our daily
life it will make a difference.

Try to look past the messenger (Al Gore, it hurts but give it a try) and
spend a few dollars and go see 'An Inconvenient Truth'.  If it is not in
your area it will be available on Amazon soon.  Another movie that is
worth seeing is ?Who Killed the Electric Car?.

Dennis C.

Jim500mopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Some of the global warming crowd were main players in the "global
> cooling/glaciers are going to return and get us all" bandwagon in the
> 70's.  You create
> fear, then you can sell books, get on TV, get power to make laws, etc.
>
> We only have good climatic data for a very small "eyeblink" in geologic
> time
> terms.  Any changes are part of a greater cycle than we can grasp.  Do
> you
> happen to know that the magnetic poles of the planet shift back and
> forth over
> time?  We are about due for another.  All part of the planet doing it's
> thing,
> and we are as fleas on the back of a grizzly bear, just along for the
> ride.
>
> The above is just one man's opinion, but we must as car people maintain
> an
> awareness of the "people for the perfect world" who would love to have
> an excuse
> to ban our old machines......"to save the planet", or, "to save the
> children".
>

> --

----

bSONJP.