To: <1962to1965mopars@>
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2007 4:37 PM
Subject: Re: Racer brown cam and exhausting situation

I hadn't brought this up before,my memory being what
is now. Within the last 4-5 yrs. one of the Mopar
mags,I believe,did a comparison test between headers
and MW manifolds. I wish I could recall the
results.I'm going to make it my mission to find out
which one,if possible.
--- Joeydahook9@xxxxxxx wrote:

Brian - that's a lot of cash, but if it's what you
want, go for it.   I'm
taking so long building my motor/drivetrain because
I have to save up to get  the
parts, as most of us do.  I want my motor to look
bone stock, but I  have the
MW manifolds and an old 383 factory 2x4 inline on
it.  No chrome,  factory
turquoise paint.  I'm still hoping to find a set of
those football  shaped air
cleaners for a reasonable price someday.  The motor
is a "Old  Reliable"  type
451 stroker.  Headers as well as a modern intake
would  surely make more
power, but I'm hoping those Mopar engineers from the
60's had a  reason for those
MW manifolds.  Then again, with today's technology,
small  blocks make 60's big
block power.  They just cover the motors up with
plastic shielding now.
Today's WOW factor is how many TV screens are in
the car.   Joe

removed]

----
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
as other personal messages only to the intended
recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
Mopar topic.  Thanks!

George

Have a burning question?

----