440 fuel pump install

Ok , so I've made the heat shield and attempting to
install, but I am ashamed to admit I CANNOT get the
fuel pump properly in place. I will accept any and all
suggestions, tips, mystic voodoo incantations or
anything else that will get this seemingly mundane
task done.
 I have not removed the alternator, but will if I
must...the working thru the K frame holes is about to
get old ,I'm a pretty "big" guy (read that fat) and my
arms are looking like chopped liver. I have "bumped"
the starter to get cam positioned, but NOOOOOOOOO! I
have run a marathon from the creeper to the ignition
switch ( I know, I know...get a remote..right ??).

I am correct that the actuation arm on this 440 pump
rides on top of the push thingie inside right...I can
see no way that it goes under like some of the small
block pumps...
I'm frustrated...stupidified (self inflicted)...and
need help.

Bob Fortson (damn a vapor lock anyway!)

Be a PS3 game guru.

----