Re: 440 fuel pump install

The push rod rides on top of the plunger, if you can't get it to stay up in the block while you install the pump, try smearing petrolium jelly all over it, then pushing it into the block, this should make it rather sticky and hopefully hold it.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Fortson<mailto:bobt1885@xxxxxxxxx>
  To: mopar bulletin board<mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 7:51 AM
  Subject: 440 fuel pump install

  Ok , so I've made the heat shield and attempting to
  install, but I am ashamed to admit I CANNOT get the
  fuel pump properly in place. I will accept any and all
  suggestions, tips, mystic voodoo incantations or
  anything else that will get this seemingly mundane
  task done.
   I have not removed the alternator, but will if I
  must...the working thru the K frame holes is about to
  get old ,I'm a pretty "big" guy (read that fat) and my
  arms are looking like chopped liver. I have "bumped"
  the starter to get cam positioned, but NOOOOOOOOO! I
  have run a marathon from the creeper to the ignition
  switch ( I know, I know...get a remote..right ??).

  I am correct that the actuation arm on this 440 pump
  rides on top of the push thingie inside right...I can
  see no way that it goes under like some of the small
  block pumps...
  I'm frustrated...stupidified (self inflicted)...and
  need help.

  Bob Fortson (damn a vapor lock anyway!)

  Be a PS3 game guru.
  http://videogames.yahoo.com/platform?platform=120121<http://videogames.yahoo.com/platform?platform=120121>