Re: rear axle seal. My God! No!

well , this morning i went and priced all this and it was suprisingly
cheap ( 40 bucks) for two  rear bearing sets and the four  (  2 inner
and  2 outer seals)  .
  that was 40 bucks for both sides .much cheaper than i thought,   as
i was expecting 100 bucks.
 So i just decided to fix it all and wipe out any questions.
   yesiree, getting that bearing off is pretty interesting, but i got
it by following the manual, and  managed to drive the new bearing onto
the axle with nothing more than a framing hammer, a 3/8 thick  piece
of steel, and a slow Tink-tink,Tink-tink constantly rotating
approach.Of course i kept the blows to the iner race of the bearing
set.
  It was  slow  but  actually  went  pretty smooth although it took a
while as I was going slow to  make sure i didn't cock the bearing on
the axle.  Then i used the same technique  for the collar, and she
went in perfect.
 kind of a backyard approach , but i think it will be OK ( I think, I hope)
tomorrow nite i will do the other axle.
 then the rear brakes.
 neal zimmerman, eugene oregon

----