RE: Transmiission Shift Cable Problem?

I can't say for sure that's your problem John but it sounds like you car
is doing exactly what my 64 300K was doing and that was a floor mounted
cable shift too. My buddy told me that because the filter was clogged up
the fluid couldn't get back fast enough to the rear pump or something
like that. I don't know, automatic trannys have always been a mystery to
me. Other than making linkage adjustments it's one of the things I don't
fool with myself. I hope it works for ya, Dan

----