Re: Vent WIndow Interchange

Bill - I hope I'm wrong on this but page 23-207 (23-64-48 FRAME, front door vent wing) ) shows differing numbers for the hardtop and the convertible. Still haven't located one for the Sedan although that's not the question.

   Akron Don

Jason Chance wrote:

Sorry this took so long, Bill. I had to dig through my books...

The "parts interchange" book wasn't much help, but in the factory manual (page 23-221), it shows the 2 door hardtop, 4 door hardtop, and convertible coupe as having all the same vent window parts (frame, glass, gasket, pivot, etc.).

Feel free to contact me directly if you need more info.

Jason

Bill wrote:

I'm not sure if this went the first time so I'll try it again...

How many of the parts for the vent windows from a 65 Coronet hardtop
will interchange w/ a convertible? Here's what I'm looking for...

My upper vent window pivot on the pass side is locked, and the pass side
gasket has some fairly bad wind noise when the top is up. If they will
work, the pivots are enough for me to buy these by themselves, but will
I be able to use the gaskets too? Also, how do I get the pivots out?

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert

----

----