draggin' wagon questions.

well I love wagons, but they keep getting away from me.
    I just found another one, and its a beaut for  only peanuts.   I
mean this sucker is clean, straight and solid, the rear window
( 'lectric) even goes down still.  It runs and drives just fine with
318 power. It was left behind at a local mechanics shop, the lady
never came back to get it.Its just in beautiful shape, escept for some
oxidizing paint on the roof.
   It has two problems I need help on.  first of all it has  NO gas
tank.  could a guy rig a fuel cell in the spare tire well and call it
good??Its running out of a gas can right now.  I mean  I am assuming i
will never find a  correct tank for this thing.
   ANd heres the second and possibly more disturbing question: Its a
C-body!! , a 1968 Fury station wagon, am I ever going to be able to
make a proper draggin wagon from this car, isnt it a little heavy ????
anybody know what these suckers weigh??
    neal zimmerman, eugene oregon