RE: 1962 413?

Mr Davis should read the  article from Jan 1962 CARS The Automotive Magazine
there is one available on Ebay right now, Item number: 260023354532 There is
an article of particular interest 62 Super Stock Engines page 72 talks about
the Dodge engines options, carburetion, which I assume includes Plymouths. I
will list the highlights, new California components dealer installation in
the field. 361 is the hottest engine available off the assembly line, but
the 383 and the 413 cu.in. engines are being continued as over the counter
options. All 61 carburetion options are also being continued-including
single 4 bbl, dual 4 bbls inline and dual 4 bbls long and short ram. It goes
on to tell more in depth about the 413 component details. I would be glad to
scan a copy of the article for all to read. I have this magazine. I think
Darrell is to stuck on seeing codes to break down all these Max Wedge cars
and not taking into consideration articles such as these. Also the engines
that were dealer installed were from the Chrysler 300's so why would they
need to change the code on the dealer installed engine. If in fact it was
installed at the factory they would have changed the code on the engine but
not at the dealership. Look in the Chrysler 300 parts book to get the
service information. My Chilton's book has tune specs for these engines.
Come on Galen Govier even believes he has heard of these cars and believes
them to have been truly produced, you said so yourself Bill.
	Darrell states:  I reject this completely.  These stories get their
life from the AMA specifications that Chrysler released back in 61 for the
62 models.  They listed a 2-4 barrel 383 and a 2-4 barrel 413 as legitimate
engines.  I have yet to see a code on any 62 Dodge or Plymouth engine that
would make me believe that any such car was built.  If you look in the 62
parts book you will not find a single entry for any of the parts that would
have been necessary to service them.