RE: Por 15

Brian,

I use and like Por 15. It is a good product, but expensive, and presents
some
challenges when handling it. Eastwood also has a good product.

Suggestions: Follow instructions, and use the recommended acid bath before
painting.
Do not put it any where the sun can get to it. It will fade.
When you open a can, have a glass container available to put the unused
paint
in. I use old Sobie bottles. Make sure you wipe all the paint from the
bottle neck,
and I mean all the paint before putting the lid on. If any paint is left on
the neck
and lid, you will not be able to get the lid off.

Use rubber gloves, don't wear any cloths that you don't mind having paint
on,
keep acetone handy to get the POR off your skin if you get some on you, and
it
dries, it has to wear off, use a ground cover, if you drop it on the floor,
it will
be there forever. Wear safety glasses.

Clean the metal your going to treat with soap and water before doing any
grinding or sanding. If you don't, you will grind the grease into the metal
and the paint
will not want to adhere to the surface.

Use throw away containers and brushes. It will smooth out nicely.

Earl

All,

Is POR15 a good product to use if all I'm interested in is stemming the
rust-tide?  I'm considering spending the next few months/years completely
disassembling my '62 Dart and taking care of whatever rust I find.  I don't
want to do a frame-off restoration like I see on all those pimp my ride
shows ... I just want my car to last longer.

Regarding the disassembly ... would appreciate comments / suggestions on how
best to store the various components while I'm waiting to work on them.  If
there are any articles or books about this sort of thing I'd appreciate
knowing that as well.

Thanks in advance,
Brian Safford
'62 Dart 440 4-door / 318 Poly