Re: Paint Guns/Ollie's Ramblings

I’m not too familiar with the different types of paint, but when it came time to get some estimates for Body and Paint work the cost was $8-$10 K.  This was the average of 5 different places.

I ended up working out a deal with one shop where I work about 10 -15 hours a week in the shop and in return I can do what ever body work in the shop I can and then he will have the body and prep taken care of and he will paint the car.  I figure it will take about 5- 600 volunteer hours.  I am currently at about 200.

Working in the shop, I have learned a lot and now know why good paint jobs cost so much.  It is in the Body work (the Prep) work.  It is amazing how much time and effort is put into straighten a panel.

Anyways, where there is a will there is a way…

Christopher Glick