From: Tom Watters [mailto:tomwatters@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:14 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 273 Rebuild status

Well, it looks like I'll be rebuilding the 273 rather than just a refresh
(Rings & beargings).  Needs boring, which means pistons and the like.

After bumping around on the phone, I got some good recommendations of friend
of the the local car club president for a machine shop.  It seems to be on
the high end of average, but I can tell he does know his stuff.  When I
talked to Nellis Machine or Las Vegas Crank and Machine, they didnt leave me
with a comfortable feeling about taking in my original block to them.  I
told HBR Competition Engies I will be dropping off the Block, Heads, Crank
and Pistons tomorrow afternoon.
Total for Bore (175-200)/Crank Turn (95)/Cam Bearing install
(75)/re-condition rods (25-35) is at a 500-600, depending.

This will cause me to buy pistons. Only one company makes (egge) the
10.5:1s, Those will run about $300

Cam/Lifters from Racer Brown is now on Order $235+Tax.  Ordered # ST-1 -
Mechanical Cam.  Its a little lumpier than the stock HiPo Cam (450 lift
instead of 425), but not as big as the D-Dart race cam (495 lift).  It
should give me what I want.

So barring a ton of head work, the rest of the parts I'm looking at will be
about $300 (Timing Chain, Teardown set, Freeze Plugs, Bearings, Rings, etc)

Total for a full rebuild minus head work, I'm looking at $1435.  if I need
head work, Usually about another $200-$500

If He were assembling, it'd be another 1000 or so.

Now to get the taxes submitted so I have the funds to pay for it with my
return.  ;-)

Regards and Happy Moparing.
--Tom

----