Re: 11" x 2" Brakes?

${top_text_ad}
"B" & "C" Bodies had em

Dave64 wrote:
First, sorry this a little off topic.  I now have the "new" rearend and SS springs transplanted into my '64 Belvedere.  All that's left are the brakes.  All was moving along swimingly until I found that the new shoes I have are 11" x 2 1/2" (as I thought they should be), but the shoes that came off this new rearend are 11" x 2"  Huh?  The rearend is supposed to be off a '68 GTX, but I don't think 11"x2" are correct for that car.  The shoes I have won't work because they don't line up with the pivot pin at the top of backing plate or with the wheel cylinder (the shoes are too tall).  Otherwise they're dead ringers for what was on there.  The wheel cylinders are new (for a '68 GTX), and they look exactly like what was on there and fit fine.  It looks like I either have to get different backing plates or figure out what shoes I need to work with the ones I have.  Anyone have any ideas on what cars came with 11"x2" brakes?

Thanks,

Dave

----

${bottom_text_ad}