From: John <jswask@xxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, September 16, 2010 4:29:38 PM
Subject: RE: Hard starting

Jim, my 64 361, 2 barrel does the same thing, if it sits for more them a week. I
do prime through the vent tube. Now, I don't know how much gas is in the bowl,
but if I leave, 2 or 3 onces in a jar sitting on the shelf in the garage, with a
open top. Will it evaporate in the same time as the bowl? I'm going to do a test
this week. The carb is closed to the air. not like the jar. If it evaporates in
the bowl, why does it take so many cranks to get gas to the carb?  I think it
flows back thru the pump and  into the tank. To solve that, i would need to
remove the line from the pump to the carb to see if there is gas in that. I'll
do that soon too. As I never changed the pump since I had the car. John Wask....
.02 cents