To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 8:19 AM
Subject: More Sub Frame Connector Questions

The recent mention of sub frame connectors here rekindled, my thoughts of adding them to my ’64 Dodge B-body two door HT…when I get ‘round…to replacing the floor pans. But I have some questions on type(s) and installation location. First, I seem to remember reading about two commercially available types, one type being constructed of round tubing (pipe) with end brackets for bolting (or welding) and the other is sheet metal formed to a U channel. Then there are those who fabricate their own from rectangular steel tube. (I might consider the later route myself.) I should also mention that I don’t intend this to be a racecar yielding tons-o’-torque. It’ll be a nearly stock 383 w/4bl, 4 speed for summer weekend cruising, though I will want to “stomp on it” occasionally. Next is mounting location. The fact that the front sub frame rails do not line up directly with the rear frame rails, what is the recommended tie-in point’s front to rear? And should there be any additional strengthening to the torque boxes? Should the connectors run at a slight angle to match-up with the ends of each sub frame rail?
Looking for some fuel for thought via recommendations…including none at all?
Thank you Gents!
Dave B