Re: Lights

Well I pulled the steering wheel tonight and checked the turn signal assembly, looks mint, nice and tight, no corrosion, wires in perfect condition. Next is to get out the test light and schematics to test the switch itself.

One other concern has arisen...I noticed that the entire steering wheel moves in and out about 1 inch..not back and forth or up and down but if I pull it the whole shaft, bearing assembly and wheel moves towards the driver about an inch...I doubt this is normal but according to my shop manual it slides right into the worm shaft splines in the steering box and doesn't appear to show any sort of "retainer".  The column is tight at the floor and dash, it's the section with the turn signal and up that moves.

Going to dig in a little further tomorrow but any insight would be appreciated!

Jay

----