Mopar Book - "Proving Ground"

My Christmas present.  Really well done.  The following is an endorsement from
Bob Frey at dragracecentral.com

And, while I mentioning books, I would like to thank Joe Hilger, the former head
ofMopar Performance, for hooking me up with a new book titled, "Proving Ground."
Sub-titled, "A History of Dodge, Chrysler, and Plymouth Racing," it is basically
a look at the history of Mopar's involvement (or Chrysler Corporation's
involvement) with motor racing. And even though it has a NASCAR picture on the
cover, there are lots of great drag racing photos, stories and historical
moments featured throughout the book. For a guy or girl who loves drag racing,
and really loves those classic, big, honkin' Hemi cars, this book is perfect. In
addition to the classic Hemi cars that you would expect to see a book of this
type, drag racing fans will be glad to note that there are also pictures of
Bucky Hess, Charlie Westcott Jr. and a few others participating in the
Hemi-Shootouts at Indy. Cool, huh? Jim Schild is the author and you can find it
right now on Amazon.com. Hey, there's bound to be some more snow if you live in
the East or rain if you live out West, so do what I did and be prepared. When
winters socks it to you, sit back and enjoy a good book on racing.

Akron Don Gallimore