Re: zddp

Syntec is hyrdocracked (group III), actually, and NOT of a synthetic
base stock. Hydrocracking is simply the highest level of refining
mineral oil. It's very pure, but it's not really synthetic. That said,
hydrocracked oil is still better than standard. Though, unless you can
find a very good deal on the oil, you might as well buy a real
synthetic, considering the relatively small price difference.

Several years ago, Mobil and Castrol (BP) fought it out against each
other for the right to call hydrocracked oils "fully synthetic," which
they are not. BP won, and now even Mobil has cheapened their product
to include group III stock.

Read your labels: if it says "group III" on the back, not "API group
IV" (PAO) or "API group V" (Ester), it's not a true synthetic, despite
what the label claims.

--
~S~
'64 Chrysler 300, AKA: "Leon", 383, 727, 8 3/4