Re: Dual Point or Elect Ign?

I replaced the ignition three years ago in my '65 with Mopar's electronic system, no problems at all. Wire it up according to the instructions, set the timing, and forget about it. It's that good.......... ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill M" <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: Dual Point or Elect Ign?

I can personally put in a NO vote for Pertronix. My 1st one lasted 2
years and dies...left me sitting on the side of the raod 3 times
before I figured it out. 2nd one lasted 6 months and died in my
garage. Although SUPER easy to install and both bad units were
replaced my the company, I just can't trust them anymore. I went back
to points both times to get the car up and running, but am finally
converting to a full electronic ignition. Ended up with a kit from
Jegs for $145 + s/h. Included new dist, orange box, harness, etc.
Looks really easy to install as well.

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo62008.html
73 Dart Sport, 00 Cherokee Sport, 05 Ram 2500 CTD, 4WD, QC, LB, Laramie
21 Model T Depot Hack, 92 Accord, 06 Mazda 3