Re: Big block head- why and how

 Scott, it is obvious that you know what you are talking about.
Exactly the kind of info I was looking for.  I know what you mean by
the coke forming from oil and heat, that cavity was packed with it. .
It is not only the looks, but also a screw, carb jet, etc. trap.  I am
thinking of covering it with screen wire or maybe putting part of a
pot scrubber copper pad in it. Air and heat would go through that very
well I am thinking. Also easy to take out and clean..