Re: 440 boat anchor / paperweight?

Hi all.

It looks like that 1966 440 engine was wet long ago, too!  Pictures are online. Click on the photo to enlarge the view.

http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/temp/1966-440-wet.jpg  shows the engine and buckets full of water and water oil that I drained out today. I'm guessing over 6 gallons!

http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/temp/1966-440-wet1.jpg shows an overview of the mess

http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/temp/1966-440-wet1a.jpg shows the lifter galley mix of grease / oil  / water / rust and two pistons in the worst shape. The bottom piston is "one" with the block by now I'm thinking.

I don't see any evidence of the block being cracked so I guess it could be dipped and cleaned and bored. Too bad if it gets scrapped for metal weight.

Thanks,
Gary H.