Re: finding brake leaks

In order to bench bleed a brake master cylinder on the car you need to disconnect the brake lines at the master cylinder and replace them with short lines that loop back into the reservoir. Make sure they go below the level of the fluid in the master cylinder otherwise you won't be able to tell if you have all the air out. Then have a friend slowly work the peddle until there are no air bubbles coming out of the lines into the reservoir.  That will tell you there is no more air in the master cylinder itself. Once you're sure all the air is out you can disconnect the short lines and reconnect the brake lines. Then bleed the rest of the system.

Good luck