Re: ZDDP Additives

A long time ago...70's and 80's my grandfather taught me to run the single oil....like 30w or 40w, and 1 obnoxious VW I ran 50w or 80w cause it leaked so much.  We ran all our cars on 30w as we lived in CA.  Nice warm place.  Our 69 Fury III, the 69 Econoline, 71 Pinto, 63 Buick, my 62 Newport, all ran it for a long time.  As my Chrysler got more miles than the other cars I would run up to the cold places more and more I ran 20-50 in it almost all the time.  That car had well over 300k when I moved up to Tacoma 25 years ago,  I had that car over 9 year and bought it with 112k (something like that) I went through brakes every year, suspension every 2 years, and steering every 18 months.  Heads only 1 time and transmission only the flex plate.  I loved that car.  I think I put 20-50 in my current Newport but that was before tearing it apart.  I ran 30w and 2 quarts of tranny fluid in it when I bought it when I was playing with it in the driveway....to loosen it up a bit as it sat for many many years before I got it, but I didn't drive with that in it.

Eric Sturgis
Tacoma, WA
1962 Chrysler Newport 2 door HT in Coral Gray
2014 Chrysler 300 3.6L in Jazz Blue
2014 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7L (ya it's a HEMI) in Header Orange