Re: Poly Oil Filter w/ TTI Headers

Here are a couple pics. I mentioned that you can use the stock filter placement with the TTI's. However the heat scorched the label off mine so I built the pictured heat shield for the oil filter. Easy and effective. Just some sheet aluminum and some heat shield insulation that is used by plumbers when soldering joints to protect the wall. A hose clamp holds it on.

The second pic is showing how I drilled the base plate for the oil filter for extra flow. The machinist recommended this to me. Very easy to do.

Also as far as the braces for the trans when using the TTI's, the one for the starter side will work but it's tough to get in and must be done after the headers and starter are installed.  The passenger side does not work. I ran without either for quite a few years until I finally saw I could get the driverside to work.

The headers are worth the effort though.  Buy a bunch of 3/8" wrenches and torch them into whatever shape you need to get around obstacles :-)  Number 3 & 5 exhaust are the buggers!!! Be sure to use high temp sealant on the bottom headers bolts and re-tighten several times after driving it.  Good luck.

Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr LeRoar 318 poly w/less goodies