Re: Minor problem Major annoyance

Many years ago a good friend came over to the house, his almost new Chevy camper special pickup with a manual transmission was making a lot of noise.  I asked him if he had done anything - he said he changed oil in the truck and the transmission started making noise.

I asked him about the oil he drained out - he said it was very dark and thick.

He had drained the transmission, filled the engine without checking the dipstick.

I had him go straight to the nearest station, fill the transmission, drain the engine oil and fill to the correct level - problem solved, no damage done to the tramsmission.

HIs only request was that I NOT ever tell his wife.

Dennis C.