Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 17 updates in 5

Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 17 updates in 5 topics

1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google Groups
Today's topic summary
View all topics
Front tires 64 Dodge B body
Mark Hendren <gooberdude30@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 10 05:11PM -0700

I am using stock steel police type wheels.
...more
Back to top
1964 dodge 880 starting problem!
zachross07@xxxxxxxxx: Oct 09 08:10PM -0700

> Ok guys, I thought I was sending this to everyone on the list? If not sorry... I have a 64 dodge 880... When I go to start it I get no cranking... Just a super loud click from the starter... ...more
Jimmy Peavy <peaver63@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 10 07:35AM -0500

have you checked the starter?

...more
zachross07@xxxxxxxxx: Oct 10 05:54AM -0700

Yes... I replaced the starter with a brand new one....

Sent from my iPhone

...more
"Paul L. http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-le" <pjlenn@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 10 09:29AM -0700

As suggested in the other thread, check the connection on the back of the
ignition switch. I had a situation where one of the male pins on the back
had broken off.

Paul L.
...more
Dodger7998@xxxxxxx: Oct 10 12:58PM -0400

I sit here and just shake my head every time someone posts an electrical
problem.
I am sure that everyone that posts replies to the problem do so with
good intentions, but most of the ...more
"Roland Osborne" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 10 12:12PM -0500

Good show!!! I’ve been tempted to explain the same thing but figured somebody would be able to figure this out while everyone else enjoyed the opportunity to clean all their ammeter and bulkhead ...more
Jimmy Peavy <peaver63@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 10 05:10PM -0500

Sounds like a bad relay.
You're bypassing the relay when you jump terminals, and it starts.

...more
victor spikes <vicsmopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 10 11:51PM

why dont we have the man check the control side of the relay to make sure he has enough voltage to properly engage the relay ? seems simple enought to use a voltmeter to check it after all the main ...more
victor spikes <vicsmopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 11 12:08AM

really so if he is only getting 6 volts or less to a 12 volt relay from a corroded bulkhead or faulty switch it will try to work the relay but wont have enough juice to engage it properly right ?

...more
Back to top
65 Belvedere Right Fender
Dean Miller <plypkup41@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 10 08:15PM

I am looking for a good right side fender for my 65 Belvedere any help would be great, email me at funnycar65@xxxxxxxxxxx
...more
Back to top
Fw: Re: 1964 dodge 880 start problems
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 09 09:27PM -0500

I'm forwarding this question as it was sent only to me.

I had a similar situation and it turned out the new starter relay was defective. I put on a spare used starter relay and all was well. ...more
Michael LeFevre <493mike@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 10 06:38AM -0400

Have you checked the copper disc in the solenoid? I rebuilt dozens of these
starters back in the days.
Mike LeFevre

...more
zachross07@xxxxxxxxx: Oct 10 04:20AM -0700

I changed the whole starter to a brand new one... Everything I changed out is new... Ignition, battery, battery cables, starter relay twice, starter... I also checked the amp gauge and cleaned the ...more
Jason Rhoades <Jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 10 07:34AM -0400

Do you have a hand held technicians starter button? Mike you know what I mean? What's it really called?? Well anyway I would use one to clip around on you solenoid to test with that way you can ...more
Nico Over <nover2@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 10 07:05AM -0500

I have always called it a remote starter switch.
Nico Over
Va. Beach