Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 22 updates in 3

Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 22 updates in 3 topics

1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google Groups
Today's topic summary
View all topics
63 B body BB oil pan & pickup
Christopher Kroncke <g2c808@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 25 05:48PM -0700

I am not sure why , but the 971 pan does not fit my car. I seem to have the
right mounts and insulators but I still need a shallower pan where it meets
the steering arm. Maybe a factory mistake ? ...more
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 25 11:26PM -0500

Before you buy that original pan, maybe try to use the shim idea suggested by a member?

Does your Plymouth have the original K-member?

Thanks,
Gary H.

...more
Christopher Kroncke <g2c808@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 26 06:56AM -0700

Aloha Gary , Yes all original K member, steering arms and components .Only
change is disc brakes. Might be able to lift block 1/2 inch or more by
putting shims under insulators. Just wasn't sure ...more
Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 26 09:44AM -0500

I did it for header clearance. Worked fine
...more
Christopher Kroncke <g2c808@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 26 08:22AM -0700

It wont effect my brand new TTI exhaust system , I don't have a shroud so
that's ok. I'm thinking 1/4 or 3/8 shims on each side of the insulators so
I have enough room for nuts on the bolts. ...more
Dodger7998@xxxxxxx: Oct 26 12:32PM -0400

You have something wrong,,,not sure what, but mounting a big block in a B
Body should be a direct bolt in procedure when using stock parts, and should
be able to accomplish as a weekend project ...more
Jimmy Peavy <peaver63@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 26 11:48AM -0500

I'm assuming the center link is in the way?
Is there a way to modify one pan with a tube welded in, enabling the
center link to pass through the tube. Bolting the pan in, and
disconnecting the ...more
Christopher Glick <mrchristopher1@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 26 05:00PM

I have to agree with Dodger on this one...