Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 20 updates in 5

Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 20 updates in 5 topics

1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google Groups
Today's topic summary
View all topics
Friday Puzzlers 10-30-15
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 30 09:20AM -0500

Happy Friday all,

Below are links to ads in which I found at least one thing puzzlingly interesting, ironic or funny in the description or the photos. See the note in brackets quoting the ad.
...more
Bill Parker <hemirr@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 30 06:43PM -0400

Gary you brought a grin to my face with all these '62 Plymouth finds!

Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana, harboring of bunch of old and
newer Mopars

...more
Back to top
Max Wedge Engines Specs and Notes
Russel Finch <russel.j.finch@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 30 02:23PM -0700

Nice find thanks Gary!

Interesting that he states the 3447 carbs are stamped with either the 'S' or 'SA' by the production date... From all that I have read the 'S' denoted a factory supplied carb ...more
furyus63@xxxxxxxxxxx: Oct 30 09:34PM

I had a note in one book that showed the S denoted it was factory jetted for Auto trans, never saw the SA. Also seen the 3447 on the 413 or 426 listed as approx. 625 cfm. With all the info available ...more
Back to top
leaking 727
gto64gto <gto64gto@xxxxxxxx>: Oct 29 06:42PM -0700

I'm not sure what year 727 I have but its at least a 68 because of the
rooster comb inside. I have had a seeping transmission leak at the
transmission pan to transmission bolts. I have the ...more
Bill Parker <hemirr@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 29 10:29PM -0400

I had trouble with the torque-limiting gasket not working with one of my
older pans, didn't seem to quite match up with the some of the ribs on the
flange. I changed to a cast aluminum pan no more ...more
Scott Preston <penstarperformance@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 29 11:22PM -0400

Mr Goat,If you want the tranny decoded,I can help you if you call me friday
night and I can tell you evry thing about the unit you have and the cars it
came out of,mrmopartech 450 424 0445 ...more
Jimmy Peavy <peaver63@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 30 07:40AM -0500

Well if it isn't a cable shift trans, it could be the kick down rod
seal ( throttle valve seal)..
A 68 with a rooster comb?
Easy to change out.

Jimmy

...more
furyus63@xxxxxxxxxxx: Oct 30 01:51PM

Can you provide all the numbers along the lower left rail, the Torqueflite can be identified this way using the 10,000 Day Calendar. Also making sure you have the proper NSS. As a note my book shows ...more
carverex@xxxxxxx: Oct 30 07:12AM -0700

I'll have to second what Bill Parker posted. I couldn't get the factory pan
/ gasket to stop the leaks, generally due to issues mentioned by Nick. I
went with a Moroso fabricated aluminum pan. ...more
"Hall, Ricky L" <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 30 02:21PM

That Moroso pan does look good – not too deep. Bought the B&M aluminum pan but returned it, was going to hang way too low for my wagon.....

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...more
"Paul L. http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-le" <pjlenn@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 30 07:58AM -0700

It's not unusual for the pan bolts to have been overtightened at some point
in the past. Leading to distortion around the bolt holes. Have you laid a
straight edge along the sealing surface to ...more
"Hall, Ricky L" <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 30 04:17PM

Last time I struggled to seal a pan – multiple attempts with everything from ATV to Rightstuff – what finally worked was Permatex anaerobic sealer + home made gasket from stock gasket material.
...more
"zephyr9900@xxxxxxxxxxx" <zephyr9900@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 30 11:42AM -0500

Are you sure the pan gasket is leaking? Could be the shifter seal or the
kick-down seal. Have seen many replace a number of pan gaskets just to
ultimately find one of the two seals bad.

...more
"Hall, Ricky L" <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 30 05:11PM

True there are many places an automatic can leak – and the fluid run along the pan lip making it looks like it’s the pan.....

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...more
Back to top
Rear end question
MO <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 30 12:25AM -0700

I did the both wheels turning the same way test. . Almost made a big
mistake in buying what I thought was a sure grip out of a salvage car.
Buying the whole third member. The sellers son said ...more
Ray Bell <raybell46@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 30 03:58AM -0700

So what ratio non-Sure Grip did you find?

Just wondering...