Re: Heater Blower Knob

Mopar Fans,

Now the rest of the story!

I finally got it out with  my plasma cutter, just kidding. It was a tussle.

I tried the pushing the button in and turning the collar but no luck. Finally after retracing my steps and I noticed with the button pushed in there was something stopping the collar from turning.
As I have the dials out of the dash I was able to reach a finger in back of where the hang up was on the collar. There was a pin on the back side of the collar protruding through the dash sheet metal. Thus the collar would not spin off the nut

Finally I removed the Ash Tray insert and was able to get a grip on the Switch and turned it Counter Clockwise, Back Side Direction. The switch does have two flat sides  fitting a 7/16 Open end small wrench. Unscrewing it the switch became lose and tidies to finish. Bottomline is to first remove the ash tray insert, disconnect the two terminals from behind,
start turning the switch by holding the collar against the  dash panel. This will release the collar nut which resides behind the "Fan Speed Indicator". Be careful not to strip the switch threads when taking it out through the slot in the dash. It should really be screwed out of the slot.

Now , the easy way if your dash is not apart.  Just peal of the "Fan Speed Indicator” off the face of the collar and there is the nut on the front side. Just remove the nut and off comes the collar. Thats all there is to it. Label, painted metal, is stuck to the collar by a bead of some sort adhesive like RV sealer?

I used a pick like the dentists use.

Check the pictures below to get a feel for whats involved.

I will probably need a new switch, another call & $$ to Joe. Better save than sorry.

Hope this is helpful.

Good Night

Jim