Re: Three questions Fuel Injection

Regarding Fuel Injection vs Carburetion, I have always been a proponent of carburetion over fuel injection for the “average” guy because of the cost factor.  However, as Rich has said, fuel injection is “more usable in a variety of environments” and it has its place in certain builds.  That being said, I am departing from my usual carburetion advocacy to using the FiTech injection on my current Poly Stroker project for reasons of tunability with a temperamental induction system; sheet metal tunnel ram on the street.

From my research, FiTech is the premiere electronic fuel injection company out there for the following reasons; no “issues” with long duration/high overlap camshafts, self contained unit not requiring a remote location computer with cable, cutting edge technology at pace or ahead of the industry, and lower overall price compared to the competition.  Note, this does not disqualify Holley or other excellent companies producing EFI systems but merely what I can discern thus far.

Gary P.

Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 9:41 AM
Subject: Re: Three questions Fuel Injection

Yes I have heard of Fitech as one used regularly. I think they are priced a little bit better also. An issue with EFI is the fuel return line requirement. Edelbrock has a system that has a small engine compartment mounted tank that cures that issue. I think that maybe Fitech has something like that also.

Michael Harding of Street Muscle TV has used both a dual quad and a single on his poly, Project Track Attack, which he road races. He uses the FASTEZ system.

To me fuel injection seems like it would be handy in making the car more usable in a variety of environments as it adjusts itself for altitude, etc. It most likely would improve the mpg but it'd take quite a bit of gas to pay for it.

It's on my list of items I would like to have. But maybe AC is first. And a radio would be nice.

Rich Kinsley