Vent window handle plastic tips - Review

Vent window handle plastic tips - Review

A couple of the small parts added to my Joe Suchy order - something I never would have thought of, didn’t know was so handy.  Kinda like a back-up camera or heated steering wheel in a new car - then you wonder how you got along without them.

Install was easy - drilled out the old soft plastic with a #20 drill - drilled a little deeper into the soft metal until the new button fit flush.  Simply pressed in easily and stayed put with no glue or anything.

I did find the bullet shaped top to be about twice too thick at about .140 proud of the handle.  Required excessive force to close.  So I took a 7/16 grade 8 washer that was .070 thick and double back taped it over the #20 hole on my drill gage.  Then using a sanding block and 100 grit paper sanded them each down to .070.  Really work well now, and more of a blunt nose bullet shape - I like it...............  If you have a lathe that would work too - but then you would probably just make them yourself.........