Re: Downsizing Oil Filters

As long as it can fit in the space, I think the general consensus is the more oil filer area the better, so in this case size
does matter. LOL

I remember there even was a filter slightly larger than the PH8 size that some people used in their Mopar. I think it was
from  a Ford application that matched the Mopar engine gasket and filter thread?

http://www.oilfilter-crossreference.com/convert/Fram/PH8A shows some cross references across brands. You should be
able to find a compatible filter locally. As mentioned, Wix is a good one and NAPA sells that I think, as well as a NAPA
branded filter that was made by Wix  last I heard. NAPA gold (best) & silver.

Thanks,
Gary H.